Sunday, November 1, 2009

Dinner and Family Activities


We had a wonderful dinner tonight! Had the roasted chicken I started yesterday, fresh green beans, mashed potatoes, gravy, and dinner rolls.

Think I need to finish up the roll mixes I made earlier in the year as they were not seeming as "fresh" as normal, but I also think that may have been partly the honey. I usually use local honey and this was not this time as I could only find an older store brand version today. Guess it is time to go through cabinets again. (This is NOT a chore I look forward to, especially pregnant and starting to loose my balance easier!) Katherine LOVED them though! She had at least two large ones. Of course I had about half the mashed potatoes that I put on the table myself - love mashed potatoes even when not pregnant and it is even better when they are fresh with good homemade gravy!

I love that I am able to provide those things that are familiar to family gatherings in a gluten-free way!

We went on a walk after dinner and everyone walked all the way around the neighborhood - about a mile around main circle. We collected leaves and are going to try and press them in wax paper and send some to Grandma Schaefer.

Off to make more file folder games for kids for when ice storms hit and when baby is born and to clean up kids art stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment