Thursday, November 5, 2009

Apple Fritters

Plan for dinner last night was Stew (check), Dinner Rolls (check), and Apple Fritters (not so check, got started). Plans changed right in the middle of making dinner and had to cut it short. So I covered my bowl and finished the fritters this morning! First picture is of them in the fryer.

Second is them done. I am not going to post a recipe for this right now because I think it needs some "tweaking" They say to roll them in cinnamon sugar mixture, but I dont usually have the extra time for that so I will probably just add it to the mixture instead. I also dont think it had enough apple for my liking. Not bad, just going to do some modifications.

Did learn one other thing! Either my fryer is a lot hotter than a standard one or the author likes things VERY well fried! The ones last night Robert did with me reading the instructions to him and then leaving to go grab a quick shower before heading out to church. They were MUCH browner than the ones pictured above and tasted to me a little over done. I like them just about golden brown. Light crunch on outside and soft (but fully cooked) inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment