Saturday, October 31, 2009

Oatmeal Bake

I do not care of regular oatmeal that much but LOVE this recipe. (Thanks Melisa and Nicole for sharing!!!)

I have halved the original recipe and made some other modifications to better suit my family's tastes.

* 3 cups oats (of course I have to make sure they are GF - and not all GF people can tolerate even GF oats)
* 1 cup milk (can probably substitute for some other kind if cant have dairy)
* 1/2 cup oil
* 1 cup brown sugar (probably going to increase a bit more for Robert's sake, he LOVES his SWEET!)
* 2 eggs
* 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 tsp cinnamon

I combine all dry ingredients and then add wet. Pour into greased/well sprayed baking pan (will fit into 8x8 will just need to bake longer - that is what I have been using and in my oven it takes about 45 minutes). Bake at 350 until golden brown on top and no liquid can be seen at bottom.

Variations are ENDLESS! I did apple today by adding a shredded Honeycrisp apple to it - figured out how to use a food processor to do it even! You can also add dried fruits or anything else you could think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment